So this weekend, my mom confronted my aunt (her sister) about her "rendezvous" at the house my mom owns. My aunt felt that was invasion of her privacy and promptly declared she was going to move out (and actually did start the process.) She had left and come back, and then decided I needed to be talked to about how things should be now that she was moving out.
1. She declared that I need to come home more to watch out for my mom. That's fine and dandy when I can get the time off. Retail holiday season is starting, and I start my second job next week. I'll come home when I can. My mom knows that.
2. My aunt declared that her older sister is ruling my mom, and that's why I need to come home. (Plus she felt that she needed to be like 2 inches from my face when she told me this, while I was cooking.) Uhh, my mom is essentially the matriarch of this part of the family. I doubt her sister is telling her what to do, plus she's 56 and been married since she was 17. I'd say she knows how to run her own household by now.
3. She came at me with, she was going to remind me of these things every time she saw me. I stopped her right there with the words "Just don't." She tried to pull that shit with me before in declaring that I needed to give thanks to her God for the success that I've had in my life. Uhh, no. While I do believe in a higher power (and refer to it as The Powers That Be), I do not believe the Christian God to necessarily be that higher power, therefore I am not going to give thanks. That night she went on and on about how I needed to become Christian. I don't come after Christians about why they believe what they do, so what is the need in trying to convert me?
She did back off when I told her not to pull that crap though. Finally. Our family has already become so fractured with the death of my dad, and her drinking and whoring around then getting upset and bitchy when somebody called her out on it did nothing to help.
But on to the next. Tell me why three people managed one tv/dvr for a year with very few problems, but before he even moved in, the new roomie was insisting on having cable in his room? First he hounded me with trying to get a jack put in his room. Comcast won't do that in apartments. It took me getting bitchy before the point got through. Now he's stuck on using a splitter. I asked someone at Comcast about that. They said it would downgrade the signal. He was told this. He's still insisting on the splitter. At this point, I'm past caring. If it messes with the internet and such too much, I'll get my own internet and just watch everything online. I practically do that now. Shouldn't be too much of a hardship except for missing Thrashers games. I will be sad about that, but life goes on. Times like this I fucking hate spoiled brats.
All that was to say this. I am normally one of the calmest people you can me, and it's hard to make me well and truly mad, but this last month alone, between 3 people, I've been ready to knock someone on their ass. And if this continues, I do believe I will.
13 October 2010
"I'm About to Whip Somebody's Ass"
Posted by Lacey Ryan at 16:44
Labels: buying stuff, family, finances, WTF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment