So in an effort not to write my paper, I'm going to blog.
Hockey has been interesting so far this year. The Thrashers are 6-5-3 on the year so far. Not bad I guess. It puts us in 3rd place in the division, 1 point behind number 2 and 3 points behind number one. I wouldn't be surprised though if the Lightening and Capitals switch places many times though with the showing that TB has been giving so far. Unfortunately conference wise, we're in our tenuous number 8 spot, a place we knew well last year. Luckily we have a game in hand over the Penguins, however, we play them on Saturday. Hopefully, our two games before them will give us little leeway if we do something stupid.
Last night's game against the reigning Stanley cup champions was insanity. We managed to have a lead 3 times (1-0, 3-2, and 4-3) but we lost them all. At the end of the first we were trailing 2-1 and all I could hope for is that Pavelec kept his ass in the crease. Him not keeping his crack there is what lead to them tying it up 4-4 in the second, though goaltender interference should have been called, just like it should have been called for Mason when we last played the Sabres. I mean I'm pretty sure yanking the goalie's stick out of his hand when he's trying to skate back into his crease or not allowing the goalie back into his crease is interference. Maybe that's just me.
All I know is we have a tough month head even though we've already got the Blackhawks out the way. We play the Penguins, the Capitals twice, the Red Wings, the Bruins and the Canadiens. This is going to be fun. Though the meeting with the Penguins and the Bruins should be fun in their own rights because of what happened the last time we saw the Penguins, i.e. Kane's beautiful knockout of Cooke, and as far as the Bruins, they made Kane an honorary member for that KO because of what Cooke had done to Savard and not got punished for it.
As far as my other team, the Coyotes, I must say I've been a bad fan and have not been following them as closely as I should. A quick check of the standings tell me they're at the bottom of the Pacific Division with 12 points on the year (4-5-4). Seeing that the team who's at the top of the division has the same number of games and is sitting pretty with 20 points (10-3-0), I can only ask what happened to the team who made it to the playoffs last year? Granted they seem to have been plagued with problems, like Doan being suspended and recently injured, various other players being injured, and I'm kinda wondering is the defense being that crappy or is some of the blame on the goaltenders? All I know is that the Coyotes are second from last in the Western Conference, and that's because the dead last team is two games behind them.
Off to write that paper I guess since it's 15% of my grade.
07 November 2010
"A Brutally Good Time": A Hockey Post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment