My goalie got his first shootout win tonight, opposite the #1 goalie in the league (Pavs has been #2 in Save Percentage for a while and keeps going back and forth with Jonathan Quick for second in GAA). This came after both of the goals that got past him were shootout type goals, so I was definitely worried when we went to the shootout. Guess I had no reason to worry because Pavelec was definitely awesome while our defense was somewhat lacking throughout a major portion of the game. I know Pavs stopped at least 42 shots (last shots on goal I saw was 44 for Boston).
The team goes to New Jersey tomorrow to play the Devils. That should be interesting considering when we last played them we won 7-1 (Boulton got his first career hat trick). I do still miss Moose, and apparently many of our fans did too, because when he came out to replace Brodeur, all you could hear was "Moose." Maybe it's just me, but I still think Moose would have been a better fit with Pavelec. Maybe it's just that I haven't really adjusted to Mason. It's a rare game when Mason lets in less than 3 goals though he was doing good in the beginning. I get that him playing so many games in a row with no relief got to him, but Pavs has done pretty decent doing something similar. In fact there's only been 3 games (of 27) he's played so far where he's let in 4 or more goals. Mason is 8 of 16 on that count.
Granted I know Moose isn't having the greatest season so far. (Oooh. Just read that Moose might get the start in goal tomorrow for the Devils.) He's only got 4 wins in the 15 games he's played, but only 3 games in which he allowed 4 or more goals. So I don't know. I guess I just carry a special place for Moose. Why I like goalies and defensemen so much, I don't know, but Moose, Bogosian, Schubert, Pavelec they've all been my favourites over the last two seasons.
Time to end this random hockey post.
31 December 2010
Thrashers Hockey: A Source of Love and Frustration
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment