I was surprised. Yesterday I was on a writing kick. I'm actually surprised I've made it this far on it considering I usually just give up on the stories I write. But I guess since I changed where I was going with it, I gave myself some new interest. And I've noticed, I can't do sappy love stories. In pretty much every story I've conceptualized, the guy and the girl were together in some capacity, something happened to break them up and they get back together for a time, maybe permanently, but if I can find a way to make it not happily ever after, I'll do it. I don't know what that says about me. I know I'm a realist, but it seems I'm a cynic too. I'm not surprised though. My HEA didn't work out right, and I think I knew it wouldn't all along. I mean, Ryan was with another girl when we got together, so I would guess that should have been clue number 1.
I think I've lost count of the number of jobs I've applied for. What sucks more is only one interview has come out of all of those. And I can't figure out what it is. I know I have a big year gap between my two longest jobs, but that's because of my study abroad. All this is documented on my resume. It's crazy. But I'm still trying. I'm going tomorrow to try two more places. After that luckily I get to take care of something that will make me quite happy: a season Thrasher ticket. Though this is coming from my mom in the form of the insurance money from my dad's death, I guess she just wants to do something that'll make me happy.
29 June 2010
Keep on trying...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment