BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

30 July 2010

School Thoughts After Actually Having Graduated

And since I neglected my other plans for the future in that post...

When I interviewed for the library job last week, and I mentioned I was going to GPC for their library science program, the director of circulation mentioned that I should just go after a master of library science considering it would take about the same amount of time and most of them are completely online. So I went ahead with all my processes for GPC. If my money comes through before school starts, I'll go ahead with that and go for the Master's a little later on. If it doesn't, I'm just going to try and get everything settled for trying to enroll at Valdosta for spring.

In even further ahead future plans, I want to go back to GSU to get my Sociology degree. When I graduated, I was 6 classes away from having that degree, so I figure I can go back and take 2 or 3 semesters to complete it, and then I'd have 3 degrees under my belt (either an Assoc. and 2 BAs, or 2 BAs and a Masters). Granted I like the sound of the second set more, but I needed to go to school now to postpone the loan payage considering I've been having trouble finding a job.

My biggest thing comes with the Master's I really want. I can either stay in Georgia (and go to Georgia State) or I can go back to England (going to Northumbria's rival Newcastle). I kinda feel that I'd have a better chance with the field that I want in England because they have so much history, especially up North, but that could just be me wanting to go back. What I do know, is that the British National Museum is huge and I would love to work there. But here in the US, we do have the Smithsonian, which from what I remember was pretty epic too. The other thing would be cost. It would definitely be more expensive for me to do the 1 year program at Newcastle, but it could possibly weight out to be the same as doing a two year program here.

My biggest thing is I want to be at a history museum. That's where my passion for museums lie. I doubt I'll ever go further with history straight up. I wanted to get a Ph.D., but GSU kinda ruined my love of history (ironically Northumbria showed me exactly what I wanted to do in History). So it's like choices choices.

0 comments: