BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

31 December 2010

New Years Resolutions

I have two general resolutions for this upcoming year: improve myself and improve my finances.

I want to improve myself in the following ways:
1. Yesterday when I weighted in I was at 233. I want to try and make it to 150 by this day next year. That's 83 lbs. or about 7 lbs. a month. Written down that doesn't seem that bad, but I know that I get lazy and don't want to exercise, and I know that despite what I eat (though I'm going to try and cut down on my eating out anyway), I've got to exercise to make sure I get the amount of weight I want to get off.

The problem is work. Most of the time, I work late, get in some time just being chill, and then sleep until I have to go to work again. I would probably have to get my exercise in before work, which could potentially make me more tired than I usually am before work, but we'll see.

2. I would like to try and blog more consistantly. I'm always telling myself that I'm going to blog more, but in the end I don't. I don't really think that I have something interesting to say. Blogs are more just for me to get out my emotions without talking to other people, hence the reason for all the bitching about the boy. Which leads me to...

3. When it comes to him, I'm going to try and stop asking. I ask him to do something, and most of the time, he forgets, so after 4 years, I just know, if I want something done, I need to do it myself. I do truly hate nagging, but he seems to bring it out of me, so no more.

4. This one is kinda weird, but I'm going to try and become a little more "lady-like." As it stands, the only time I really wear make-up is for Thrashers games, so I want to try and wear it a little more. I go for dressing comfortably over dressing cute, so that's part two. Lastly, I want to try and stop cussing as much. I can do it in family and work situations, but around friends or at Thrashers games, I just let go, so gotta try and cut back.

As far as my finances, my biggest thing is cutting back on unnecessary spending. Just looking at how I spend money these last few months has been eye opening. I spend money on so much stuff I don't need. So I'm going to reset my budgets and try and stay within them as much as possible. This is definitely going to be helpful considering I need to start saving as much money as possible starting in September. So being mindful of what I'm spending where is going to be my biggest financial goal.

I know trying to do 5 changes is going to be a lot of work, but I think if I really really try, I can get it done.

0 comments: