Well I´ve been in Spain since Sunday. Interesting experience since my Spanish is limited. I spent my first few days in Madrid. I liked the city quite a bit, but then again I seem to like most large European cities from what I can tell. Today I rode the AVE high speed train to Cordoba. Didn´t really seem to go that fast though, but this is coming from someone who drives exceedingly fast. Got off the train, everything was fine and dandy until I got majorly lost. I´m not quite sure where I ended up, but it took me like 2 hours to find the hostel. Thing I noticed is they don´t seem to really believe in street signs where you can see them, nor having them at both ends of the street. This has held true for both cities. So frustrating since I have a relatively good sense of direction with a little help, but geeze. To top it off, being in Southern Spain, it´s so freaking hot. I was so ready to collapse by the time I got here, besides being so frustated that I almost just hailed a taxi to get me to this darn place, and wanting to cry out of sheer frustration too. Instead I just called Ryan for a couple minutes. But I´ve got two more days here before I go to Cadiz and see a real beach for the first time in I don´t know how long. Then on to Granada for 4 days, then back to Madrid for a night, then back to Newcastle to pack up the rest of my stuff, then back to the States where I´m demanding Ryan take me to Taco Bell or IHOP before I go to Dalton. I´m leaning more toward Taco Bell. I miss it so much.
05 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment