BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

07 June 2008

Spain Part II

I hate getting sad and whatnot, granted I know the reason for this, but it still makes stuff that shouldn't bother me get to me.

So today will complete my first week here in Spain. My Spanish still sucks, but I am getting more used to figuring out thinks through context clues. Most people still speak too fast for me to really understand them though. I can pick out words here and there. The true test will probably be Cadiz because of getting there and the people at the hostel don't speak English. My phrase book has helped so much though sometimes, it's missing what I want to convey, but I went for the first one I grabbed, so oh well.

I tried to upload my pics of Cordoba, but the internet here had issues with it, and today, though I tried using my computer to do it, though still using their connection, it froze my computer twice, so I guess I'll be uploading them when I get to Cadiz.

I've got heat rash again. Takes forever for it to go away, and going back to Georgia totally isn't going to help, but oh well. 12 days until I'm back State side. Today is probably the most water I've ever drank in like a day. I'm almost through a 1.5 liter bottle. Something to drink is so help in this heat. It's funny, I talk about the heat here, knowing what I'm going back to is worse. I'm gonna be so glad for AC though. My Toyota freezes me during the summer too, so going to find jobs, I won't be baked.

The one person I want to talk to right now doesn't seem to be around, despite both messengers showing an online status.

My fingernail polish is getting chipped to hell from things like lugging my luggage upstairs and such. I think I'm developing calluses too from it. Yippee.

But back to doing nothing. I was gonna try and track down this really big cemetary I saw on the map, but who knows how hot it is, plus I think I've seen all i wanted to, so just gonna go back to reading my book.

0 comments: