Skip to the bottom for my comment if you don't wanna read this all
I've ALWAYS loved darker skin and a voluptuousness figure. Among other things, they're some of the aspects that have always drawn me to black women. Black women to me, are the most beautiful and sexy women on earth, and it has nothing do with experimentation or any of that silly nonsense that we WM often get accused of simply because we like whom we like.
I could never understand why BW would get uncomfortable and even turned off at times by a man who expressed that! It would make me think, "What's wrong with this person? Would you prefer I find you UNattractive? What's your hold up? Because it IS YOUR hold up." I'm just being honest here. It was incredibly frustrating for me to come across that, because my heart's desire was simply to express my appreciation and love for their beauty, and speaking of it is one of the ways a man does so; yet they wouldn't let me because they were offended that I found their God-given features attractive. It just made absolutely no sense to me! I think often times, people don't know how to relax and be themselves and let others simply appreciate them. Sometimes a compliment is just a compliment! There isn't always an ulterior motive or lack of depth behind it. Let us WM appreciate you with our compliments!!! So many BW have really missed out on great guys simply because they couldn't handle the fact that we WM find you so incredibly beautiful. Everyone talks about "bein' real" these days, so let me be real: Of course we desire s*x with you - God made us sexual beings. Did we cease being males and did you BW cease desiring s*x because we find you incredible? If I'm going to be thought of as having a f*tish, then it's a permanent one. I'm not apologizing for my God-given desires. Would you prefer to have my desire for you wane like the daylight? I'd think not! My desire is to be in a committed relationship with a BW and for her to desire me physically and sexually (and to express it to me) just as much as I desire her, and permanently so. It's not just about body and s*x, but it IS a significant aspect and just as important as the mind, the emotions, the spirit and the chemistry found in those areas.
I will never apologize (nor should I) for desiring beautiful full lips, a big booty, thick legs, round hips, a busty chest, or brown skin. I love curves and voluptuousness and sexy, brown skin. I love your cute nose, your hair, your femininity, your spirit. What else can I say about that? It's what I like and love. It's what I prefer, it's what I desire deep down - I always have. Why are some people attracted to blondes and others brunettes? Why do some like thin and others love curvy? My desires are what God Himself placed within me. It's part of who I am. And if a BW would let a WM like me be a man and share with her how much I'm attracted to her and her beauty, and let me show that love and appreciation through my words the way I know how (as a man), then it would serve to help build trust and ultimately, relationship.
Now, I understand that a man needs to pay attention to the elements of boundary and tact, but at the same time, this shouldn't mean that he can't be free to express his appreciation for what he sees. We're not horses with blinders. We have eyes and minds to process what we see, and we're very visually oriented. Women desire intimacy and communication from men, ultimately speaking, but when a WM begins to express himself and what he loves and is attracted to in regard to BW, suddenly, it devolves into suspicion, fear, and defensiveness.
Now let me express my heart further... My heart's desire is to be in a committed, monogamous relationship with a BW, to love her, to make her my queen, and to be her king. And please don't mock that statement. I'm not speaking of fairy tales, but two adults loving and investing in each other for life. Every couple has their issues to work through - that's life - but my desire is to be married to a BW and to build a good life and marriage, to build a family and a home with her, and to grow old together. None of these things in life are achieved without there first being a very strong desire to do so. Shall I go on? Yes, I want our relationship to be hot and passionate, but I also want it to serve as an example to others about the way God intended a man and woman to love and relate to each other - on all levels. I want mental, emotional, spiritual, physical, and sexual intimacy with a BW. I mean, isn't relational intimacy what any healthy human being wants, male or female, bottom line?
Of course, s*x and physical attraction are also important, and I want both to be white hot, just like any BW would want. However, it's only a part of me - not all of me. Let me be a man. Let me be attracted to you. Let me share it with you. If I can't show you because it's not the right time or place to, then I at least need the freedom to talk about it and I need you to hear me, and understand, and value how I beautiful and sexy I find you to be. You're not an object to me. You're a woman first, a creation of God (and the most beautiful at that), you're a person with a beautiful heart and mind - thoughts and feelings, desires and goals, hopes and fears, victories and regrets, just as any other person. You're someone whose mind and strength I highly value and desire. You just so happen to have the physical and sexual qualities that drive me crazy! Yes, you have the incredible curves and brown skin that I love, OK? Bottom line, I just want to love a woman and have her love me back the same - and my attraction to you (my "f*tish" for you, or whatever you may want to call it), is permanent, and it's simply a part of how I share and show my appreciation and love.
I don't think BW truly understand how deep down into a man's soul this desire for you goes. So many of you simply do NOT understand. After awhile, the frustration of not being released to share something that resides so deep down builds up to the point that it creates pain - it begins to wound the heart. And we end up with people on both sides who don't feel appreciated, are frustrated, and walk away missing out and not sharing love and appreciation. It's ridiculous - no wonder people in society are so miserable. All we're trying to do is love and appreciate each other and we either don't know how to accept it, or we're blocked from sharing it. It's like we're bumbling around in the dark. It doesn't mean you have to get involved with everyone you meet, but don't reject someone just because they desire to appreciate you.
Now, I understand that everything should be looked at with wisdom... there are those who are selfish and spend their lives hurting people. And no one wants to be used and abused. I understand that. People have their experiences and defenses according to what they've gone through. But friendship and love involve risk, and sometimes, we need to see a compliment simply for what is: a compliment and sincere desire.
I've always considered myself strong, but all of this is very difficult for a man like me to share. I'm being as honest and open and "real" as I know how to be. And I'm risking sharing this for the benefit of the black women here so that you have the opportunity to perhaps learn something new and understand that my physical and sexual attraction to black women is not without a deeper desire for love and commitment. There are others like me. But not many men will share this openly with you. The internet affords me a bit of anonymity, so I can release myself a bit easier to be open.
Some of you may not know how to respond to this honesty; some of you may still be offended (although I wouldn't understand why, after everything I've said). And some of you may find it shocking that some of us men actually feel beyond s*x. Well, we do. But if you're uncomfortable with my words, with my desire and appreciation of your physical beauty, give it time, and you'll see I'm just human, too. --Zeta @ dawnali.com
Why can't I find this? *sigh* Granted I don't really feel that I'm attractive right now (though this is usually never), but still. I guess in a way I have this with Ryan, but I don't know. I don't even want some epic love story. I'm not even asking for the whole "one true love" thing. I just want a relationship where I wasn't second pick; where I don't get annoyed by so much that he does; where we can spend time together and he doesn't get on my nerves. I used to be able to spend time with Ryan and enjoyed it so much, but now, I just can't. His whiny, child-like nature just irks me. I want to scream "Act like a fucking grown-up. You're 21." But I can't, and I won't.
It's probably going to take a kick in the ass to stop considering his feelings over mine. I know how his ex-girlfriend hurt him, I was the one who put him together, and because of that, I feel this strange loyalty to the relationship regardless of if I'm happy or not. I've been told to stop worrying about him and his feelings considering I'm unhappy, but for some reason I can't. I love him dearly as a friend. We've been through a lot together. We survived me going to England for a year when we had only been together for about 9 months. Granted during all that time, I was still second choice. It wasn't until Colleen broke up with him that I became first because I was the one who stuck with him in spite of it all. Thinking about it now, I don't know what I was thinking. I was "stupid in love" and put all of my expectations into it, now I wish I had let it go.
24 November 2009
"Stupid in Love"
Posted by Lacey Ryan at 00:12
Labels: love or something like it, thinking hurts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment