BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

19 November 2009

Two Can Play That Game

You know for someone who says he doesn't like his family very much, Ryan can pull some bitch ass moves. Like last night, he was telling me that his sister was going to fix such-and-such for me for Thanksgiving, and I was just like, "You know I don't eat other people's cooking unless I know what's in it, because what people might think of as vegetarian really isn't." Of course, he got bitchy about that saying that me not eating at his family functions was rude, case in point one of the first family dinners I had with him. But he seems to conveniently forget that he told me to eat before we went; therefore, I wasn't hungry and didn't not want to try anything. I understand that his family thought it was rude, and I didn't mean for it to come off that way. Of course he didn't tell me until afterwards that they thought it was rude, so the next time a family dinner came around, I just made something for myself and ate it there.

But after I told him, I'm not going to eat something when I don't want to, he got all quiet and pissy, eventually storming off into our room. When I tried to talk to him about it, he claimed he wasn't upset, but nonetheless pretty much refused to speak to me. So before I walked out of the room, I informed him that from now on, we'll just do holidays seperate, so his family doesn't think I'm rude.

I'm tired of him trying to guilt trip me about this. Not even my own family pulls that shit. They know I'm vegetarian, and leave it at that. Sometimes they will cook stuff I can eat, but more often than not, they'll let me do whatever about my own eating habits. I'm thankful that his family tries to make something for me, and I don't have any issue with that, because that's really nice of them to do. I have tried stuff they've made or ordered, but there are a lot of things I won't automatically eat because I don't know how they were cooked. Like my dad, he didn't see any problem cooking corn or green beans with meat in the pot, and just said I could pick around it. I don't do that. There might be vegetarian's who do, but not me. Once he got the whole, "it's still got meat juice in it" he would cook it without. That's cool, and considering my daddy is one of the biggest meat eaters on earth, that was nice of him.

But Ryan doesn't get it. Not only does he guilt trip me about it, but I don't feel comfortable at his family gatherings. I know his parents don't like me, even though they're trying to be nice about things. It always just feels like I'm an outsider observing what's going on, and if I wanted to do that, I'd just go be with my own family, like I'll be doing this year. And of course he also forgot the fact that he doesn't like to split the same holiday between families, for whatever reason. His parents have people coming in from out of town for Christmas, but since we spent last Christmas with them, it was my parents turn. I just said oh well, and he gave me such a look because if we were following what had been established the previous year, he couldn't spend this Christmas with his family. That didn't fly with him, but last Christmas when I wanted to go see my family on Christmas day, he wouldn't come with me, although we had spent Christmas Eve with his. Problem with this? I think so.

He is such a punk ass bitch.

1 comments:

Sorcerer said...

I am not taking sides bnut..lack of understanding messes up things.
There are some who takes the words way over its threshold creating a total dilemma..
:) you keep strong!!