BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

15 June 2009

I'm the only one who cares...

So today, almost right after I woke up, I started think about all the food I had eaten this weekend, none of it exceedingly healthy. I also weighed myself and what I had guessed was what the scale reflected (232.6). I mean it's still surprising I'm wearing a size 18 considering when I was younger and weighed less I was hitting a size 20/22, so I guess I should be grateful for that. But this morning what I basically realised was that it was time to stop feeling sorry for myself, because I'm the only one who truly cares.


My mom "cares" because she's been trying to change me all my life. Ryan cares, I'm guessing, because some things aren't how they used to be. I'm the one this is truly affecting. I'm the one who is unhappy with the way things have gone. So it's up to me to actually do something about it. Time to stop blaming this circumstance and that. Yeah, my weight loss before was accidental, so this time it's just going to have to be deliberate. I'm tired of feeling guilty after I eat something I like because it probably pushed me over my calories for the day. I'm tired of looking at myself and critiquing everything I see.

I don't know how long my resolve will stick, but I'm hoping I'll at least make some improvement in things.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Know exactly what you mean. I have been struggling with weight my whole life as well. I tried all that eating healthy and stuff, but nothing really got me the weight loss like weight watchers. You can eat any food you want on their plan, so if you haven't checked it out, you should. It's all about portions and allotting food throughout the day.
I lost 50 lbs with them.

If you need any tips, I really have an interest in it!