BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

30 June 2009

Decisions, Decisions

Partly through my own fear, and partly through my growing interest in doing something positive (and I guess, non-selfish) with my life, I'm re-evaluating going to grad school for history. Granted that is something I really wanted to do, but thinking about it, I'm not going to use the degree because I don't want to teach. It almost seems like a waste of the school's money and resources. I think my biggest reason for going is just to get out of Georgia. Second is pursuing what I want to do. Then again, since I was little, I've wanted to help people who were less fortunate. In fact, I used to want to adopt 14 kids from all different nationalities and backgrounds. I've done like a 180 on the whole kids thing, though sometimes I still want to adopt kids.

Of course, my back-up plan is to become a social worker. Well that was my plan all along, but that'd be bumped up. Minnesota has a graduate social work, and they say they're one of the best in the country. My only thing is I don't know how that'd translate to me working in another state, especially Georgia, but I feel like I need to come back to Georgia to help since I was born and raise here.

God, I hate making decisions.

0 comments: