I am a generous person with my money at times and if a friend tells me they don't have the money to cover something, if I can afford it, I will try to help. However, Ryan is working my last nerve. First off, there was helping him get his new computer, to the tune of $410. He's paid me back $80 of that, and doesn't know when he's going to pay me the rest. He owes me $80 for our hotel room, bring what he owes me back up to $410. This morning, he couldn't pay all of his portion of our cell phone bill, leaving me to pick up the slack since today was the due date (he thought he could just wait to pay that last $10 he owed). Then tonight, we went to Quik Trip. He neglected to tell me he didn't bring his wallet, and so, as we're at the counter, I'm waiting for him to pay and he then tells me that he didn't bring it, meaning I'm covering his tab. If he had told me he didn't bring it before then, that would have been one thing, but just expecting me to pay for it because I asked you to come with me, that's a whole other can of worms.
I know I'm not the most financially responsible person, and for someone who's almost 22, I have quite a bit of debt if you count student loans, but this is crazy. He's barely making rent ($370) and paying bills late for reasons I don't understand considering he makes about $1000 a month. He stresses about paying his credit card bills (which for the hell of it let's say he puts $100 on each of them). And his other bills are DirecTV, our cell phone, and half of Georgia Power (about $80, $80, and $40 respectively). Now that equals $770, leaving him $230 for food and gas, and considering he doesn't buy groceries, his parents give him food, plus they pay him to mow their yard, and I will buy him food, where the fuck is his money going? And not only that, why the fuck would you stay with a bank that makes sure they send you into overdraft every chance they get considering it's $35 per charge you go over? Am I missing something here?
He likes to say, "You have your mom helping you pay rent" and "I don't have a second credit card like you" which is true. My mom is helping me pay my rent because I have a part time job that I'm lucky if I make $100 a week off of, but I still have to pay bills with that measly amount and eat and put gas in my car. I have a second credit card that my school books and food and such go on. They've still gotta be paid back at some point in time. But he's going to get bitchy with me, and still bring up the fact that I didn't help him pay for his Xbox, but yet turned around and helped him get a new computer to the tune of 4Xs more than I was going to help him with the Xbox. No one told him to buy that damn game system. I helped him with his computer because he needed it with him about to go back to school, and him claiming he was going to pay me back quickly. That was two months ago.
Right now I'm owed a little over $700 between him and my dad, with his portion accruing interest the longer it's on my credit card. I am so close to flipping my shit on him when it comes to money. Now I really understand why my mom made sure she had as few things as possible with my dad, because if he is anything like this, she would have been crazy to.
05 July 2009
This is why you can't help some people...
Posted by Lacey Ryan at 22:12
Labels: finances, love or something like it, WTF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment